I get so frustrated when I walk in a store right after Halloween and there is already Christmas stuff on the shelves. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Christmas, but I hate that Thanksgiving is cast a side. I love having a the time to ponder about all the blessings I have in my life and what I am grateful for. I tried to come up with a new thing every day in the month of November of something I was grateful for. I tried to remember all the little things and comforts in my life that many people don't have that I sometimes take for granted like indoor plumbing, heat, and a running car. I am so thankful for oh so many things that I ran out of days in November to list them all.
This year for Thanksgiving we went up and played with the Larsen clan(Jake's mom's family.) It was so much fun to being with family. That night we went and saw Tangled. LOVED IT! and then we stayed up and went to
Wal Mart at midnight for the Black Friday sale. Not sure if it was worth staying up til the wee hours of the morning but it definitely was an experience that I can cross off on my bucket list. Also a perfect people watching opportunity. The next day I took family pictures of Jake's Family. That night Jake went with Austin and Krissi to watch Harry Potter again and I went with Courtney and Franklin to do some more Christmas shopping. Dax got to stay home and play with the grandparents. Oh! Funny thing-Dax has decided to call Jake's dad Bob......Hahahah! We have no idea where he came up with it but now Jeff is Bob.
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody!

No comments:
Post a Comment